Sunday, September 21, 2008
Outer Space
One of my first “outer space” memories was the eclipse that occurred when I was in Kindergarten. I remember the teacher warning us to not look up at the sky because it could damage our eyes. It was then that I first realized the power of outer space. It made me feel incredibly small. It sounds cliché, but the stars and planets make me realize how vast the universe is and all of the infinite number of possibilities that can exist out there. I do not want to sound like I am advocating the existence of aliens, but just that the world that I know compared to the size of the universe is incredibly small. That eclipse also made me realize the power of the planets. The size of objects like the sun and the force that causes planets to move is almost unimaginable here on earth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment