If I understand what Mike's saying, I had a little different perspective on God and Einstein's relationship while reading Pesic. What seems inconsistent to us (that a a 5 ft. car could fit in a 3 foot garage for a second, but never have entered according to the man driving the car, just as a suggestion) makes perfect sense to God: "Our faculties are so limited that it is incredible that we can reach as far as we do.... To put it in Einstein's characteristic way God at least must know perfectly the positions of the positions and velocities of each particle [referring to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle], even if we never can" (145)
Does this perspective help us to understand how Einstein could be comfortable throwing out principles such as absolute time, absolute space and Euclidian geometry? Or is he simply redefining time to be more consistent with the real absolute (God) instead of the human idea of absolute? Does God add an element of stability to relativity?
ALSO!! I accidently performed my own color experiment. I was writing on a yellow sticky note with a blue pen, causing the writing to come out as black. I showed my roommate the result and told her it was due to polarities in color. She didn't seem too excited. I wish Goethe had been there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You officially left a comment about your post-its. Nicccce!
Post a Comment