Exploring the Labyrinth
A PLS Science 2 Project University of Notre Dame
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
The Advancement of Knowledge!
Newton's thinking on physics and calculus revolutionized the fields of mathematics and science. In light of this, I thought our class might appreciate Saul Bass' animated rendering of man's striving for knowledge (very Pesic).
About two minutes in, Bass comments on the heliocentric v. geocentric debate. Super funny in my opinion.
It works if you click on the first "h" in http://. Great post Caitlin--very funny and insightful! I don't know much of Saul Bass's work, but I have enjoyed what I've seen.
3 comments:
That URL doesn't work -- can you check it?
It works if you click on the first "h" in http://. Great post Caitlin--very funny and insightful! I don't know much of Saul Bass's work, but I have enjoyed what I've seen.
That's excellent!
But I don't want to hear anyone repeating the myth that anyone after about 500BC thought the world was flat...
Post a Comment