Friday, September 26, 2008

Woah. Who knew?

I thought tody's trip to the planetarium was really interesting. It was helpful visually for understanding the texts and the information at the end was crazy. I thought that the comment at the end was especially interesting about why the thousands of galaxies were shaped like a bow-tie: because our galaxy is probably casting a shadow on the others and we can't see them. This got me thinking about science in general in a PLS way. What is our view of science? Do we have at least some idea of the big picture (this question kind of goes along with Andy's). Also, since we're always struggling for cohesion in science (perhaps at any price?), are we missing things, are we missing the big picture? Are we creating our own shadow and seeing things in a bow-tie shape?

1 comment:

taraaaaaaa said...

I think we should visit the planetarium every day. I loved it.