Tuesday, September 30, 2008
"Save the phenomena"
In regards to the previously mentioned questions about the "save the phenomena" theory, I just want to expound a bit. How much has this theory been applied in science? Does it promote a positive or negative end? At first I read the Crowe commentary on "save the phenomena" and I thought that these scientists were just fooling themselves. But now I can see "save the phenomena" might actually have a real purpose in the advancement of science. What do we think about this? How would it help science?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Stephanie,
I think that you bring up a good point. When we look back at things from our modern perspective, all of the epicycles and other things that scientists used to explain things seem silly. However, if those ideas were never formulated and those difficult problems were left untouched, it seems possible that scientific inquiry into those areas would have died off and we might not have been able to reach our current understanding of the universe.
Post a Comment